In this blog, it is my turn to get personal. I came up with a list below of 10 things you may or may not know about me.
One of the best things about Optique and my job is that I get to spend a lot of my time talking to our patients and getting to know them on a more personal level. I get excited when someone returns to the office, and we get to pick up on our conversation from the year before. I not only get to help people care for their eyes, but I also learn the most interesting and inspiring things from our conversations and interactions.
In this blog, it is my turn to get personal. I came up with a list below of 10 things you may or may not know about me. I hope you enjoy it, and I can’t wait to see you next time.
1. I’ve always lived in Texas, but I’ve lived in Austin the longest of anywhere else… for over 20 years.
2. My first car at 16 was my grandmother’s brown Oldsmobile Delta 88. Now that I have kids of my own, I realize my dad was a genius in doing this. I was safe in such a big car, and nobody asked me to drive when we went out.
3. I met my husband when I was 18 in Engineering Physics Lab at UT-Austin. We’ve now been together for over half our lives.
4. I tossed around the ideas of being a lawyer, dentist, veterinarian or astronaut (yes, I love the idea of going out into space!) before I decided on Optometry school.
5. I’ve always enjoyed challenging my body, and exercise is my happy place. I was a national champion in synchronized trampoline gymnastics in middle school, and I was a state springboard diver for 3 years in high school. Now, I do crossfit and run lady bird lake on my off days. I still get the urge to compete, so I sign up for all the “fun” crossfit competitions.
Join us every Friday for “Fashion Frame Fridays” Happy Hour 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM