Advanced Eye Examinations in Austin by Optique
Maintaining your vision goes far beyond the basic eye exam. Many vision problems develop over time, or they have no obvious symptoms. Comprehensive eye examinations are one of the only ways to catch potential threats to your eyesight way before they become dangerous. At Optique, we offer comprehensive eye health assessments relying on cutting edge technology to provide a reliable and safe experience.
Why You Need a Comprehensive Eye Exam
People have a misconception that the scope eye exams are limited to reading random letters of the alphabet off an eye chart. A comprehensive eye exam from Optique can shed light on many potentially serious health conditions, many of which show no symptoms. As a result, individuals are often unaware that problems exist. Early diagnosis and treatment of eye and vision problems are important for maintaining good vision and eye health, and when possible, for preventing vision loss. A comprehensive medical eye examination may include, but is not limited to, the following tests:
- Patient history to determine any symptoms that may be affecting your vision.
- Visual acuity to evaluate how clearly each eye is seeing.
- Preliminary testing to evaluate specific aspects of visual function and eye health, such as depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the way your pupils respond to light.
- Keratometry to measure the curvature of your cornea.
- Refraction to determine the appropriate lens power to compensate for your refractive error (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and/or presbyopia).
- Eye movement testing to determine how well the eyes focus, move and work together.
- Eye health evaluation, which includes an external and internal examination of the eye.